|ADMINISTRATION||Camelback Mountain||Full Time, Year-Round|
As the General Manager of Camelback Mountain, the Activities side of our Resort, you will have the opportunity of a lifetime to be part of a unique and dynamic resort, where having fun is literally our mission! Located in the Pocono Mountains of PA, with close proximity to New York City & Philadelphia, Camelback Resort is a year-round destination welcoming more than 1.7 million Guests annually. Camelback Resort first opened in 1963 serving 41,656 skiers with 14 trails and three lifts. Today, Camelback’s winter ski operations include 37 trails, 16 lifts, the largest Snowtubing Park in the U.S.A., and was the recipient of the coveted NSAA Conversion Cup.
Through progressive ownership, Camelback has evolved into a four-season Resort destination, offering outdoor enthusiasts Camelback Mountain Adventures (featuring the only mountain coaster in PA and North America’s longest twin 4,000 ft. Zip-Flyers) and Camelbeach Waterpark (the largest waterpark in PA). In 2015, the slope-side Camelback Lodge & Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark opened its doors with 453 Guest suites, a Spa, several dining options, conference and meeting space, and the largest indoor Waterpark in the Northeast. Camelback Resort is located at 301 Resort Drive, P.O. Box 168, Tannersville, PA. 18372.
Job Summary: In alignment with the Resort’s vision, mission of Living and Breathing Fun, Camelback STYLE (told you!), organizational values, and under the direction of the President, the General Manager will oversee, direct and manage the day to day operations of the Ski Area, Camelbeach Waterpark and Camelback Adventure Park.
1. Focus on Guest-driven operations that inspires our leaders to exceed expectations.
2. Be able to relate to the vision for the Resort and the unique character makeup of Camelback.
3. Believe in and support the Camelback brand in all phases of its evolution.
4. Must be visible and accessible to all internal and external Guests; walk the walk, talk the talk.
5. Tour operating departments daily, partnering with Department Heads to make adjustments as needed.
6. Must have an understanding of complex mechanical operations and be able to explain those complexities in simple terms.
7. Participate in the development of annual operating budgets, capital expenditure and expansion budgets and provide financial forecasts when requested.
8. Approach all Guest and Employee encounters in friendly, empathetic, courteous and service-minded manner.
9. Passionately uphold and elevate a positive work environment.
10. Negotiate services from outside vendors and agencies and monitor costs associated with each.
11. Monitor and control labor costs and departmental expenses.
12. Serve as a member of the Resort Executive Team, and actively participate in weekly staff meetings, Operations Group meetings and monthly Safety Committee Meetings and all other operational meetings as scheduled.
13. Develop and maintain a high level of trust and loyalty for this position within all levels of the Company.
14. Possess a keen eye for detail for the physical condition of the Resort.
15. Monitor performance and effectiveness of direct reports and complete job performance evaluations in a timely manner.
16. Must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and delegate others, and above all, have fun all of the time.
· Leadership, problem solving, organizational and communication skills required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Ski Area Management or related field from a four-year college or university or comparable years of experience required.
· At least ten (10) years’ experience in Resort industry required.
· At least five (5) years’ experience as an Assistant General Manager or General Manager preferred.
· Experience leading a large team overseeing high volume seasonal hiring required.
· Strong analytical and financial skills required.
· Reading Robert Sutton’s #1 best seller in business etiquette is required.
· Ability to work well with others required.
· Strong customer service skills required.
· Current, valid driver’s license required.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required.
Generally accountable for:
· Complying with all Company and departmental safety and dress code standards.
· Adhering to the Customer Service Standards of Camelback Resort as well as all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Communicating effectively with all members of the Camelback Resort team.
· Participating in the business planning process for Resort.
· Actively supporting all Company initiatives.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
· Exposure to extreme temperatures and weather should be expected as work will, on occasion, occur outdoors.
· Weekend and holiday availability is required as well as flexibility with work schedule.
· During peak seasons, the schedule may require a work week schedule over 40 hours per week, including nights.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.