|FINANCE||Camelback Mountain||Full Time, Year-Round|
In alignment with the resort’s vision, mission, organizational values, and under the direction of the VP of Finance, the Controller will assist with safeguarding the company against loss, ensuring the company is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and that all records are maintained in a complete and timely manner.
1. Review and update internal control policy and procedures to accurately and correctly reflect the financial condition of the company.
2. Oversee the preparation, distribution and reconciliation of the daily sales report.
3. Maintain accuracy of the general ledger through reporting and computer input.
4. Verify that Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and all other asset and liability accounts are reflected on the monthly trial balance, agree to the underlying detail.
5. Develop departmental relationships to ensure that financial guidelines are communicated and in place.
6. Ensure that all required deadlines for tax reporting and payments are met for all companies.
7. Assist the VP of Finance with preparation of operating budgets.
8. Hire and manage the Cashroom Staff.
9. Train and direct new cashiers, leads and managers in Cash Handling policy and procedures.
10. Interface with IT Department to ensure financial policy and procedures are in place for all companies.
11. Issue and maintain employee codes in the security system for access to buildings and point of sale system.
12. Edit and approve payroll for assigned employees.
13. Complete job performance evaluations in a timely manner.
14. Maintain files to reissue stale checks or to turn over to state.
15. Assist the VP of Finance daily in all other Finance functions as required.
· 5-7 years accounting experience in a supervisory role required.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills preferred.
· Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment preferred.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal preferred.
· Leadership, problem solving, organizational and communication skills required.
· Strong customer service skills preferred.
· Valid driver’s license preferred.
Generally accountable for:
· Attending meetings as a representative of Finance.
· Complying with all Company and departmental dress code and safety standards.
· Adhering to the Customer Service Standards of Camelback Resort as well as all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Adhering to daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal Service Guidelines and Checklists.
· Communicating effectively with all members of the Camelback Resort team.
· Participating in the business planning process for the department and the Resort.
· Actively supporting all Company initiatives.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
· Exposure to extreme temperatures and weather should be expected as work will, on occasion, occur outdoors.
· Weekend and holiday availability is required as well as flexibility with work schedule.
· During peak seasons, the schedule may require a work week schedule over 40 hours per week, including nights.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.