VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES & MARKETING
|MARKETING||Camelback Mountain||Full Time, Year-Round|
In alignment with the Resort’s vision, mission, organizational values, and under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President of Sales & Marketing will assist in the brand direction, marketing strategy and advertising for the four-season attractions at Camelback Resort, Camelback Lodge & Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark, The Kartrite Hotel & Indoor Waterpark, and H2OBX Waterpark in order to achieve aggressive revenue and business goals. The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of consumer mindset in the ski, hospitality or amusement/waterpark industry and have experience building a brand. We seek an individual who possesses a data-driven marketing mindset, yet is an out-of-the-box thinker, with a consistent and proven ability to develop and execute effective strategies while developing and managing strong high-performing teams.
· Lead a dynamic marketing and sales team comprised of: Director of Marketing, Marketing Manager, Graphic Designers, Group/Corporate Sales, Director of Product Development, CRM, and Social Media, and Events/Promotions.
· Create, plan, implement and measure the marketing and sales strategies in accordance with the overall organizational business objectives.
· Assist in the management of a comprehensive communications and public relations program that will enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace.
· Direct and shape the CRM team’s data capture and integration for email, direct mail, and SMS push, with resort-level marketing strategies and sound analytics.
· Identify opportunities and drive the tracking of Guest data across all touch points to customize the experience, drive revenue and improve loyalty and satisfaction.
· Evolve customer segmentation; behavioral, demographic, predictive and motivational by leveraging guest data and insights.
· Monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, and risks, in order to form tactical strategies.
· Manage all marketing spend to remain in compliance with budgets.
· Complete annual job performance evaluations in a timely manner.
· Assist the Chief Operating Officer in all other Sales and Marketing functions as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
· 12+ years’ experience in marketing required.
· Demonstrated experience in the management of a budget required.
· Strong organizational, leadership and project management skills are required. Must be able to lead a large team, think strategically, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· At least 7-10 years prior management experience required. 5+ years leading large (10+) marketing teams preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to drive the achievement of business goals through aligning people, process, structure, information and communication systems in a rapidly growing/dynamic market(s).
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required.
Generally accountable for:
· Complying with all Company safety standards.
· Adhering to the Customer Service Standards of Camelback Resort as well as all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Communicating effectively with all members of the Camelback Resort team.
· Participating in the business planning process for the department and the Resort.
· Actively supporting all Company initiatives.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
· Exposure to hot/cold temperatures and weather should be expected as work will, on occasion, occur outdoors.
· Weekend and holiday availability is required as well as flexibility with work schedule.
· The scope of the position may sometimes require a work week over 40 hours, including nights.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.